12 September 2010

Maastricht

We're in Maastricht today, and it's rainy. When we arrived, though, it was beautiful. The city was packed with people enjoying a late summer weekend. The lines at the ice cream stands were very long, and the sun felt great.The last time I was here it was close to Thanksgiving time, and there was a huge Christmas market in the main square - Sintrmarkt, as they call it. It was interesting to see all the space, free from lights and ferris wheels.
Loose seal! (that's a joke) It's not alive, and it was for sale on this little side street.
It feels, here, un-Dutch. Limburg, the province we're in, hangs down between Germany and Belgium and the people here are used to switching between languages. People in the main part of Holland like to say that it's not really Dutch, and I don't know that the people here would disagree.
There are hills, too. The city feels as though it's situated above the river (the Maas), instead of alongside it. Being on the bridges, you get a sense of height and space that I was unused to. It's an interesting place to spend our last day in Holland.

4 comments:

  1. Hi, i just found your blog and love your idea of touring Europe extensively, spending two weeks in each country, though I'm curious about how you spent two weeks in Vatican City - I guess this was just more Italy time :)
    I was living in Maastricht for two years and have very fond memories of that lovely city. I really liked reading this post and seeing your photos!
    Have a great weekend!
    Irene

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,

    My name is Bhagwan Kumawzt by name and I live in the POLAND and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation get any kind of loan you need today, thank you, as you read greatest testimony of my life. with whatsapp+919667837169

    Testimony of a serious loan acquired, thank you very much Dr. Mark for your loan assistance of 100,000(US DOLLARS) without any upfront fee,that you give me. I will talk about your services to those around me who need a loan or financing. I am happy with the loan you have granted me Do not hesitate,if you need a loan and a real legit loan lender so just kindly contact him now and get your loan via:: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com whatsapp number: +919667837169

    Whats-App no +919667837169
    Company Name Ronnie Finance Ltd
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. QUICK EASY EMERGENCY URGENT LOANS LOAN OFFER EVERYONE APPLY NOW +918929509036 financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com Dr. James Eric

    ReplyDelete