11 September 2010

Things Dutch People Like

Trampolines. Every walk we've taken in a suburban Dutch neighborhood, we've found trampolines in the front lawns.
Usually, when you see one, two or three more will pop up in succession. Obviously, one kid got a trampoline, which meant that the kids next door couldn't possible live without one... which meant the kids next door to THEM got one and so on and so forth.
Poor kids in the bigger city didn't have a front lawn to trampoline on (does that work as a verb, too?) Luckily, street fairs, like this one in Haarlem, provide ample room to jump.
And a harness! For super trampolining!
Surely there wouldn't be trampolines at the beach, too. There's swimming and sandcastle building! But there they were in front of strandhuisje.
If you weren't lucky enough to have one, you could go to the trampoline park. Which is, apparently "Trampoline Park" in Dutch.
I could provide more pictures, but I think it may get tedious for both you and me. As tedious as, say, jumping in one place. Over...and over...and over again.

Dutch people also really like Cylindrical Meats a.k.a. sausages, wursts, hot dog and the ilk. They can be found in the meat section of the grocery store:In the packaged meal section:And, most impressively, in the canned food section:
Lastly, Dutch people really do love their hagelslag, which I've already covered, so I won't rehash it here. Though, check out this amazing box:Update: I just found out that there's a National Dutch Trampolining Contest. So, maybe that wasn't a Trampoline Park after all. Maybe it was a training camp!

6 comments:

  1. Trampolining (yes, it works as a verb) is, in fact, an olympic sport. Yours truly used to bounce/train before she moved to NYC, where apparently ceilings are too short in most places for trampolines to be very popular...

    I don't know what these dutch kids are doing with all the bouncing, but there are loads of flips you can do - see, for example, this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hAGSbll-KGE

    xo,
    myriah

    ReplyDelete
  2. My name is Mrs Aisha Mohamed, am a Citizen Of Qatar.Have you been looking for a loan?Do you need an urgent personal loan or business loan?contact Dr James Eric Finance Home he help me with a loan of $42,000 some days ago after been scammed of $2,800 from a woman claiming to been a loan lender but i thank God today that i got my loan worth $42,000.Feel free to contact the company for a genuine financial service. Email:(financialserviceoffer876@gmail.com) call/whats-App Contact Number +918929509036

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Everybody,

    My name is Bhagwan Kumawzt by name and I live in the POLAND and i am a happy woman today? and i told my self that any lender that rescue my family from our poor situation get any kind of loan you need today, thank you, as you read greatest testimony of my life. with whatsapp+919667837169

    Testimony of a serious loan acquired, thank you very much Dr. Mark for your loan assistance of 100,000(US DOLLARS) without any upfront fee,that you give me. I will talk about your services to those around me who need a loan or financing. I am happy with the loan you have granted me Do not hesitate,if you need a loan and a real legit loan lender so just kindly contact him now and get your loan via:: markthomasfinanceltd@gmail.com whatsapp number: +919667837169

    Whats-App no +919667837169
    Company Name Ronnie Finance Ltd
    Dr. Mark Thomas

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is really great Trampoline Jump Center. Thanks for given this post In old version. I have read this post. Dagmar, I want to learn more about Trampoline rules.
    BERG Elite


    ReplyDelete
  5. It's wonderful to have a choice. They are the most helpful when it comes to precision packaging. China BOPET Film can suit a range of packaging needs. They are also less costly and have a smaller environmental impact.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Couples therapy is the only method to bring about long-term change; change must come from within and cannot be pushed. Actual change comes from inside, even if both spouses are eager to work on their relationship. You must be able to discuss your issues without being criticized or having a therapist take sides.

    ReplyDelete